Sunday, November 16, 2008

What's In a Name 2


Here is the next challenge that I am signing up to join. I shamelessly copied and pasted the rules from Annie's blog. I have to say that I really puzzled over these catagories. I wanted to read books that I knew not ones I just chose to fit the category. Admittedly some might be a stretch but I am not reading for the prizes but to whittle down my TBR lists.


*This is a challenge that anyone can join, no matter what types of books they like to read. You should be able to find books from any genre that will work.

*Dates: January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009

*The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories.
1. A book with a "profession" in its title. Examples might include: The Book Thief, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Historian
2. A book with a "time of day" in its title. Examples might include: Twilight, Four Past Midnight, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
3. A book with a "relative" in its title. Examples might include: Eight Cousins, My Father's Dragon, The Daughter of Time
4. A book with a "body part" in its title. Examples might include: The Bluest Eye, Bag of Bones, The Heart of Darkness
5. A book with a "building" in its title. Examples might include: Uncle Tom's Cabin, Little House on the Prairie, The Looming Tower
6. A book with a "medical condition" in its title. Examples might include: Insomnia, Coma, The Plague

*You may overlap books with other challenges, but please don't use the same book for more than one category.

So here is my proposed list. Luckily we didn't have to list books ahead of time so I guess that means I can alter my list as I go along.

1. Profession: The Dollmaker by Harriet Arnow
2. Time of Day: The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
3. Relative: The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty
4. Body Part: Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
5. Building: The Gate House by Nelson Demille
6. Medical Condition: Life Support by Tess Gerritsen

I will post reviews as I finish them.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

Nice list! It was fun to come up with just the right book for each category.

Janet said...

I really worked to think of the titles. It was difficult but it was fun.